What is a Garden Consultant?
With a lifetime's experience of designing, gardening and filming gardens, I have a wealth of horticultural knowledge that you can make use of.
Employing a Garden Consultant allows you access to a Horticulturalist's knowledge and experience without the costs of employing a Garden Designer or Landscape Architect. If you're looking for ideas, advice or basic plans then using a Garden Consultant is a cost-effective way of getting started on your garden.
Whether you have a tiny courtyard, balcony or grand estate I enjoy helping clients make the best of their outside space by offering advice on renovations, pruning, maintenance and planting. I have a keen eye for the best sense of space and can help plan where to have your outside seating and dining areas, greenhouses, sheds, play areas etc. I can even help chose and source furniture, pots and accessories.
Why use a Garden Consultant?
- You own a large garden or grounds and want seasonal advice for management, which can reduce wasted effort and reduce costs.
- You are a Property Management company or organisation that needs independent advice before spending client funds.
- You want to restore a garden of historical interest or character.
- You want someone to teach you how to maintain your own garden.
- You want a maintenance schedule that you can give to staff or use yourself.
- You've got ideas for your garden and want someone to discuss them with before you start.
- You just want a second opinion on a garden or planting matter.
- You want planting advice for pots and borders.
How it works
I offer up to 2 hours on site discussing your garden, what you need, what you like and dislike about the space, how you'd like it to feel, what colours and planting choices you like. We'll discuss ideas on site and talk about areas that need improving with renovation, removal or renewal.
After my garden visit I prepare a full report for you summarising what we have discussed, with planting lists, simple design ideas, sources for furniture etc and gardening advice, depending on your particular needs.
Since much of this advice is given on site, I ask for payment in advance and this service is provided at a cost of £300. This includes up to 2 hours on site and a full report. Additional or ongoing advice is available at a negotiable hourly rate.
Travel expenses outside of Penzance area charged at 50p/mile.
If you do not have the privilege of living in beautiful Cornwall (!) I also offer online advice, get in touch to discuss.
‘Natalie helped me create a more inviting and useable outside space on our balcony in Clifton. She sourced bespoke furniture and project managed deliveries and electrics for outside lights. She also helped redesign our lower courtyard and suggested planting for the area and what renovation tasks we needed our gardener to do. Natalie has an amazingly instinctive eye for creating practical but pretty spaces both inside and out. ‘ Zoe - Clifton, Bristol